America's Warrior Partnership Privacy Statement
Effective as of April 26, 2021
This Privacy Statement explains how America’s Warrior Partnership collects, uses, cares for, and otherwise processes information relating to individual data (“Personal Data”) through this website (“Site”) and in connection with the provision of products, services, programs, websites, and applications (“Services”).
This Privacy Statement is applicable to all Services and websites provided by America’s Warrior Partnership (AWP). This Statement is also applicable to users of Mission Roll Call (MRC) and other AWP programs. AWP is committed to respecting the privacy of all users, to include warriors and their families we serve, financial supporters, and general visitors of the website.
Any individual, unit, business, or organization that interacts with our services is referred to as the “Respondent”. “Data” in this Privacy Statement refers to any information to include survey responses, form data, data received or inserted by or in reference to the Respondent.
America’s Warrior Partnership is the controller of your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Statement, unless specified otherwise.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the extent we process Personal Data in the role of a processor or service provider on behalf of our customers, including where we offer to our customers various products and services (such as WarriorServe®) through which our customers (or their affiliates): (i) create their own websites and applications running on our platforms; (ii) sell or offer their own products and services; (iii) send electronic communications to others; or (iv) otherwise collect, use, share or process Personal Data via our WarriorServe® products and services.
For detailed privacy information related to an America’s Warrior Partnership customer or a partner / affiliate who uses the America’s Warrior Partnership products and services as the controller, please contact our customer directly. We are not responsible for the privacy or data security practices of our customers, which may differ from those explained in this Privacy Statement.
This document should not be, and nothing contained herein should be, construed as a “promise” that a particular action or omission shall occur with respect to the information referenced in this document. This document may not be used in a proceeding or action of any kind to establish a promise, expectation, or standard of care.
Processing activities covered
This Privacy Statement applies whenever we collect Personal Data from you. Processing of Personal Data is required for receiving products or services.
For your convenience, this Site may contain links to other websites, applications and services maintained by third parties. The information practices of other services, or of social media platforms that host our branded social media pages, are governed by their privacy statements, which you should review to better understand their privacy practices. Any reference to a linked site or any specific third-party product or service by name does not constitute or imply its endorsement by us, and you assume all risk with respect to its use.
Personal Data we collect directly from you
The Personal Data we collect directly from you includes identifiers, professional and employment related information, donation information, commercial information, visual information, and internet activity information. We collect such information in the following situations:
- If you express an interest in obtaining additional information about our services; request customer support; use our “Contact Us” or similar features; register to use our websites; sign up for an event, webinar or contest; or download certain content, we may require that you provide to us your contact information, such as your name, job title, company name, address, phone number, email address or username and password;
- If you make purchases via our website or register for an event or webinar, we may require you provide us with your financial and billing information, such as billing name and address, credit card number or bank account information;
- If you register for an online community that we host, we may ask you to provide a username, photo or other biographical information, such as your occupation, location, social media profiles, company name, areas of expertise and interests;
- If you interact with our websites or emails, we automatically collect information about your device and your usage of our websites or emails (such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or other identifiers), which may qualify as Personal Data using cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies;
- If you use and interact with our services, we automatically collect information about your device and your usage of our services through log files and other technologies, some of which may qualify as Personal Data;
- If you communicate with us via a phone call, we may record that call;
- If you sign up to receive text messages from any of our programs including Mission Roll Call, we do not share that data and only use that data to send text messages that you opt-in to receive;
- If you voluntarily submit certain information to our services, such as filling out a survey about your user experience, we collect the information you have provided as part of that request;
- If you inquire into connection to resources by AWP, we may require that you provide us your contact and relevant information for military benefits such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, physical/mental/emotional health information, education information, housing information, financial information, information about services received by you or the resource consumer from other organizations/entities;
- If you visit our offices, you may be required to register as a visitor and to provide your name, email address, phone number, company name and time and date of arrival. Additionally, due to the COVID-19 pandemic you may be required to provide information regarding your health status, including your temperature, COVID-19 related symptoms, exposure to COVID-19 positive individuals, and recent travel history.
Personal Data we collect from other sources
AWP may collect information from third parties where Respondent has given permission to those third parties or where Respondent has made that information publicly available. To aid us in certain aspects of our services we use affiliates, trusted key partners, and expert consultants to assist us in providing services to Respondent.
AWP may also collect information from other sources including third parties and from publicly available information. We may combine this information with Personal Data provided by you. This helps us update, expand, and analyze our records, identify new customers and create more tailored advertising to provide services that may be of interest to you. The Personal Data we collect from other sources include identifiers, profession or employment-related information, education information, commercial information, visual information, internet activity information, inferences about preference and behaviors. In particular, we collect such Personal Data from the following sources:
- Third party providers of business contact information, including mailing address, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, intent data (or user behavior data), IP addresses, social media profiles, LinkedIn URLs and custom profiles, for purposes of targeted advertising, delivering relevant email content, event promotion and profiling, determining eligibility and verifying contact information; and
- Another individual at your organization who may provide us with your business contact information for the purposes of obtaining services
Device and usage data
We may use common information-gathering tools, such as tools for collecting usage data, cookies, web beacons, pixels, and similar technologies to automatically collect information that may contain Personal Data as you navigate our website, our services, or interact with emails that have been sent to you.
We gather certain information automatically when individual users visit our websites or as part of your use of our products and services. This information may include identifiers, commercial information, and internet activity information such as IP address (or proxy server information), mobile device number, device and application information, identification numbers and features, location, browser type, plug-ins, integrations, Internet service provider, mobile carrier, the pages and files viewed, website and webpage interactions including searches and other actions you take, referring website, app or ad, operating system, system configuration information, advertising and language preferences, date and time stamps associated with your usage, and frequency of visits to the websites.
This information is used to analyze overall trends, help us provide and improve our websites, offer a tailored experience for website users, secure and maintain our websites, maintain the security of the services, provide necessary functionality, improve performance of the services, assess and improve customer and user experience of the services, review compliance with applicable usage terms, identify future opportunities for development of the services, assess capacity requirements, identify customer opportunities, for the security of WarriorServe® generally (in addition to the security of our products and services) and all other legal purposes.
Some of the device and usage data collected by the services, whether alone or in conjunction with other data, could be personally identifying to you. Please note that this device and usage data is primarily used to identify the uniqueness of each user logging on (as opposed to specific individuals), apart from where it is strictly required to identify an individual for security purposes or as required as part of our provision of the services to our customers.
Cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies
Notices on behavioral advertising and opt-out for website visitors
We or one of our authorized partners may place or read cookies on your device when you visit our websites for the purpose of serving you targeted advertising (also referred to as “online behavioral advertising” or “interest-based advertising”).
To manage the use of targeting and advertising cookies on our Sites consult your individual browser settings for cookies. Various browsers may also offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 local storage.
In many cases you may opt-out from the collection of non-essential device and usage data on your web browser by managing your cookies at the browser or device level. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies and similar technologies used on our websites, you may not be able to take full advantage of the websites.
While some internet browsers offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked, these features are not uniform. We do not commit to responding to browsers’ DNT signals with respect to our websites.
Social Media Features
Our websites may use social media features, such as the Facebook “like” button, the “Tweet” button and other sharing widgets (“Social Media Features”). Social Media Features may allow you to post information about your activities on our website to outside platforms and social networks. Social Media Features may also allow you to like or highlight information we have posted on our website or our branded social media pages. Social Media Features are either hosted by each respective platform or hosted directly on our website. To the extent the Social Media Features are hosted by the platforms themselves, and you click through to these from our websites, the platform may receive information showing that you have visited our websites. If you are logged in to your social media account, it is possible that the respective social media network can link your visit to our websites with your social media profile.
Your interactions with Social Media Features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing them.
Telephony log information
If you use certain features of our services on a mobile device, we may collect telephony log information (like phone numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls), device event information (such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser language), and location information (through IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide us with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers).
Purposes for which we process Personal Data
Where required by law, we obtain your consent to use and process your Personal Data for these purposes. We use and process Personal Data to perform a contract you have entered into with us.
Some of the purposes for which we collect and process your data may include:
- Providing our websites and services (including necessary functionality for both) and providing you with content you access and request (e.g., to download content from our websites);
- Promoting the security of our websites and services, tracking use, verifying accounts and activity, investigating suspicious activity, enforcing our terms and policies, promoting the safety and security of the services, systems and applications;
- Managing user registrations when you have registered for an account with us, according to applicable terms of service;
- Handling contact and user support requests if you fill out a web form or request user support, or if you contact us by other means including via a phone call, we fulfill your requests and communicate with you;
- Managing event registrations and attendance, planning and hosting events or webinars for which you have registered or that you attend, including sending related communications to you;
- Managing contests or promotions for which you register;
- Managing payments when you provide financial information to us, to verify that information and to collect payments to the extent that doing so is necessary to complete a transaction;
- Developing and improving our websites and services, analyzing trends and tracking your usage of and interactions with our websites and services to provide our users with more relevant content and service offerings;
- Reviewing compliance with applicable terms of usage or service;
- Assessing capacity requirements;
- Identifying customer opportunities and meeting the demands of our customers and their user experience;
- Registering office visitors and protecting our workspaces and confidential information from unauthorized access and security, health, and safety risks;
- Recording phone calls for training, quality assurance, and administration purposes. If required under applicable law, we will obtain your prior consent or give you the option to object to a call being recorded;
- Displaying personalized advertisements and content, conducting marketing research, advertising to you, providing personalized information about us on and off our websites, and providing other personalized content based upon your activities and interests;
- Sending marketing communications, product recommendations and other non-transactional communications (e.g., marketing newsletters, telemarketing calls, SMS, or push notifications) about us and our affiliates and partners, including information about our products, promotions or events; and
- Complying with legal obligations, cooperating with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes, respond to lawful requests, or for auditing purposes;
- All other legal purposes.
If we need to collect and process Personal Data by law, or under a contract we have entered into with you, and you fail to provide the required Personal Data when requested, we may not be able to perform our contract with you.
Who do we share Personal Data with?
We do not sell your personal information. We may share your Personal Data with other parties as follows:
- Our contracted service providers;
- Partners, Affiliates, and Resource Providers as required to provide you with the best possible benefits and resources available for your needs. Sharing information for this reason will only occur with the consent of the individual whose information is being shared;
- Event Sponsors: If you attend an event or webinar organized by us, or download or access an asset on our website, we may share your Personal Data with sponsors of the event. You may also have the opportunity to share your Personal Data directly with sponsors; in these circumstances, your information will be subject to the sponsors’ privacy statements;
- Customers With Whom You Are Affiliated: If you use our services as an authorized user, we may share your Personal Data with your affiliated customer responsible for your access to the services to the extent this is necessary for verifying accounts and activity, investigating suspicious activity, or enforcing our terms and policies;
- Sponsors of Contests and Promotions for which you register;
- Third party networks and websites with which America’s Warrior Partnership markets and advertises;
- Professional Advisers acting as service providers, processors, or joint controllers;
- If we are involved in a merger, reorganization, dissolution or other fundamental corporate change, or sell a website or business unit, or if all or a portion of our business or assets are acquired by a third party; and Other appropriate parties.
Anonymous or de-identified usage data may be shared with service providers for the purpose of helping America’s Warrior Partnership in the normal course of operating our business.
Anyone using our products, communities, forums, blogs, or chat rooms on our websites may read any Personal Data or other information you choose to submit and post.
How long do we keep your Personal Data?
We may retain your Personal Data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection; on the basis of the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data; or as long as required to fulfill our legal obligations.
Controlling your Personal Data
If we process your Personal Data for the purpose of sending you marketing communications, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications from America’s Warrior Partnership by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on America’s Warrior Partnership marketing emails, by replying or texting ‘STOP’ if you receive SMS communications.
Please note that opting out of marketing communications does not opt you out of receiving important business communications related to your current relationship with us, such as communications about your subscriptions or event registrations, service announcements or security information.
If you want your phone number to be added to our internal Do-Not-Call telemarketing register, please contact us by using information in the “Contacting us” section. Please include your first name, last name, company, and the phone number you wish to add to our Do-Not-Call register.
Alternatively, you can always let us know during a telemarketing call that you do not want to be called again for marketing purposes.
Some registered users may update their user settings, profiles, organization settings and event registrations by logging into their accounts and editing their settings or profiles.
To update your billing information, discontinue your account or request return or deletion of your Personal Data and other information associated with your account, please contact us by using the information in the “Contacting us” section.
If you are an employee of an America’s Warrior Partnership customer, we recommend you contact your employer’s system administrator for assistance in correcting or updating your information.
You may have certain rights relating to your Personal Data, subject to local data protection laws, including:
- Access your Personal Data held by us;
- Know more about how we processed your Personal Data;
- Rectify inaccurate Personal Data and, taking into account the purpose of processing the Personal Data, ensure it is complete;
- Erase or delete your Personal Data (also referred to as the right to be forgotten), to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws;
- Restrict our processing of your Personal Data, to the extent permitted by law;
- Transfer your Personal Data to another controller, to the extent possible (right to data portability);
- Object to any processing of your Personal Data;
- Opt-out of certain disclosures of your Personal Data to third parties;
- Not be discriminated against for exercising your rights described above; and
- Withdraw your consent at any time (to the extent we base processing on consent), without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
These are possible rights associated with your data but should by no means be considered a legal opinion.
We may process Personal Data submitted by or for a customer to our Products and Services. We are not responsible for and have no control over the privacy and data security practices of our customers, which may differ from those explained in this Privacy Statement. If your data has been submitted to us by or on behalf of a America’s Warrior Partnership customer and you wish to exercise any rights you may have under applicable data protection laws, please inquire with them directly.
If you need help or have questions about controlling your personal data, please contact us by using the information in the “Contacting us” section. We will consider all such requests and provide our response as soon as we can. Please note, however, that personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, which may include circumstances where we need to keep processing your personal information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We must confirm your identity before providing you with any personal information or deleting any personal information.
Breach of Data
In the event of security breach or unauthorized release of data, Respondent agrees that AWP will not be liable for any injury that Respondent receives as a result of said security breach or unauthorized release. AWP will not assume liability for any act of a third party, and by participation in AWP services, Respondent waives any liability of AWP for third party actions. AWP reserves the right to disclose personal information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request. AWP operates in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
We use organizational, technical, and physical measures to help safeguard against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, the Personal Data we process or use.
While we and you may follow generally accepted standards to protect Personal Data, no method of storage or transmission is 100% secure. You are solely responsible for protecting your password, limiting access to your devices and signing out of websites after your sessions.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
To exercise your rights regarding your Personal Data, or if you have questions regarding this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
America’s Warrior Partnership
Ref: Personal Data Request
1190 Interstate Parkway
Augusta, Georgia 30909
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy.
Additional Disclosures for California Residents
California law grants state residents certain rights, including the rights to access specific types of Personal Data, to learn how we process Personal Data, to request deletion of Personal Data, and not to be denied goods or services for exercising these rights.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and have registered for an account with us, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to our website(s). Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, because, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
We may need to verify your identity and place of residence before completing your rights request.